OpenSSL installation instructions

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jul 22 19:27:01 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 06:46:26AM -0700, J_Man wrote:
> To me, what's proper is what works.....Every instruction I've submitted
> tonite has worked, and I got a bunch more ready to send in....but if this is
> the kind of crap I'm going to get with every submission, then maybe I better
> just bow out gracefully now, and let someone who "knows what they are doing"
> do the book.

I never said the instructions you gave would not work, what i did say
thou, was that openssl by default, does not install the libraries the
"standard" way, quite different.

OpenSSL will work just fine with the default install instructions, that
doesn't mean it is the "proper" thing to use thou.

> Tell you what else is "kinda strange".....I'm the only person, with the
> exception of roryo and libmng, who's sent in anything, and what am I getting
> for it??? flames.....

I'll ignore the above, after having talked to you on IRC, lack of sleep
doesn't always bring out the nice things in ppl ;) *patpats*

Besides, we are all friends, we have known each other ever since you
first hop'ed on #LFS.

(btw, BLFS just started, i would have contributed instructions allready,
but working on ~10 things at once, has a bad side effect... either way,
it's going to take many, many, many hours to make BLFS what i believe we
all want it to be ;)