OpenSSL installation instructions

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jul 22 19:07:08 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 06:46:26AM -0700, J_Man wrote:
> To me, what's proper is what works.....Every instruction I've submitted
> tonite has worked, and I got a bunch more ready to send in....but if this is
> the kind of crap I'm going to get with every submission, then maybe I better
> just bow out gracefully now, and let someone who "knows what they are doing"
> do the book.

I never said that the instructives you posted would not work, what i said
is that openssl does not install libraries correctly and that should
be fixed.

It does install the libraries and it does work fine either way, but it
is not the "standard" way of doing it.

> Tell you what else is "kinda strange".....I'm the only person, with the
> exception of roryo and libmng, who's sent in anything, and what am I getting
> for it??? flames.....

Now.. i just quickly spoke with you on #BLFS so i'm going to ignore the
above statement for lack of sleep when you posted this *patpats*

Anyways, we have known each other ever since you started coming to #LFS
and we are friends, so i ask everyone to ignore this little thread ;)

Reason i haven't contributed anything? i'm working on ~10 things at
once, gimmie a break! =) (and BLFS just started, gotta give time for
everyone to contribute, this doesn't happen over time, manymanymany
hours are going to go into this book)