QT installation instructions

J_Man jeremy at linux-phreak.net
Sun Jul 22 18:27:36 PDT 2001

QT itself recommends not using ld.so.conf, and recommends this method, and
of course, the user has ultimate control, and can build qt wherever he/she
wants (could build in /opt/kde/accessories/junk/qt, if they wanted).  And
again, on the libmng stuff, I don't mind including it...but I've never seen
a need for it, and I've built numerous build's of QT. the --accel-mach64
flag is only useful when buildign Embedded QT, if you check the
./configure --help screen, as are many of the other options, and compiler
optimizations are not necessarily a QT thing, but more a generic thing for
all packages, imho.

J_Man