OpenSSL installation instructions

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 07:22:13 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "J_Man" <jeremy at linux-phreak.net>
To: <blfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 3:46 PM
Subject: RE: OpenSSL installation instructions

> To me, what's proper is what works.....Every instruction I've submitted
> tonite has worked, and I got a bunch more ready to send in....but if this
is
> the kind of crap I'm going to get with every submission, then maybe I
better
> just bow out gracefully now, and let someone who "knows what they are
doing"
> do the book.
>
> Tell you what else is "kinda strange".....I'm the only person, with the
> exception of roryo and libmng, who's sent in anything, and what am I
getting
> for it??? flames.....

On defense of Jesse, I don't think flames are intended here... Just like in
lfs-book, every little thing is discussed in length in order to do it the
'proper' way. Jesse is just trying to give positive, constructive criticism.
You don't
have to agree of course, but it would be harsh to just dismiss it as crap.
No offense intended :)
PS notice the smiley in his mail!
You're work is certainly appreciated, keep it up!