[jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net: A question]

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Sun Aug 26 11:51:36 PDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 04:11:28PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> as for the check for new mail program - I don't quite understand what
> it's for.  Is it similar to fetchmail or just a program which looks for
> local new mail.  In the latter case, bash can do it - I have a patch
> which mca from #lfs sent me which can be applied to bash so that it
> works with Maildir style mailboxes as well as mbox ones.  I don't know
> qmail though so I could easily be talking rubbish.

The program checks for new local mail, however, it is configurable so that
it can check multiple Maildirs for new mail so that you could have, for
instance, all your BLFS list mail go into one Maildir, and all your regular
mail go into another. It will tell you how many new you have in each Maildir.

Rather than just dealing with this specific case, it would be nice to have
general guidance on how to include small peripheral type programs. These may
not be the only cases we encounter.

I like your idea about adding to the existing format for man pages.
--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."
	-- Andre Gide