RFC: Firewall.txt v1.4
Rohde.Henning at gmx.net
Sun Aug 19 07:23:45 PDT 2001
Hi Ian, hi everybody else,
after a fruitful discussion with Jeff Bauman and some further friends on
blfs-book I did the following changes:
- more detailed Disclaimer / Warnings
- advise to REJECT discarded parckages instead of simply DROPping them
- added firewall.status
- disable forwarding in firewall.stop via /proc-setting, not via policy
- further security by some /proc-settings
- more detailed explanations
- more links added for reference
- minor corrections / fixes in spelling, wording
As it always has been: everybody is welcome to send comments,
may they deal with the hint itself, may they cover spelling or wording.
If everybody feels content with the hint in it's current scope, length
and wording the next step for me would be to transfer it into BLFS.
Please comment on any points that make you astonish or wonder, if they
are minor send them via personal mail.
Have a nice day,
More information about the blfs-book