A suggestion on process

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Tue Aug 14 19:03:28 PDT 2001

BLFSer's:
I was looking at Bugzilla today, and I notice we have some "bugs" that are
already in the "closed" state. I would like to suggest (but maybe this is
just me -- coming from a software QA background, I have my biases...) that
before anything goes to the "closed" state, that someone other than the
writer verify the instructions and check over the text for clarity. Then,
if nothing needs changing, the person doing the checking changes the state
to "verified". Verification should entail actually installing the package
on a real live LFS system, and doing some minimal checking to see that it
actually works.

Does this sound reasonable, or am I just being anal? All comments appreciated.
--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net