New zlib commands

atark at thepipeline.net atark at thepipeline.net
Mon Aug 13 20:10:13 PDT 2001

The commands allow you to use the asm routines.  Much better for performance.
I don't know how big the gain is in the real world but it could be great.
You would at least want to mention it in the book.  You can use the asm
routines for other platforms but that may be overkill to automate.

At any rate only one "make install" is required.  Do this as a minumum:

./configure --prefix=/usr &&
make  &&
./configure --prefix=/usr --shared
make &&