RFC: firewall-hint_v1.3

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Sun Aug 12 18:44:52 PDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 12:53:54AM +0100, Paul Campbell wrote:
> I in the end, after lastly attempting the LFS-firwall hint, on my mandrake
> server gave up and installed bastille.  I feel that a "Last - Resort - Idiots
> - Firewall" should at least reference this utility.  As far as understand it,
> Bastille is simply a series of very well written perl scripts, but Bastille
> Interactive goes much further than just firewall and would make a good small
> addition to the book.
>
> I haven't attempted it yet, but I could spare some time on documenting it's
> installation for the book or even just the hints.

Paul, I would agree with you that this would make a nice addition, but the
last I read about Bastille, they were specifically targeting RedHat 6.x, and
ignoring the rest of the world. Things may have changed, I don't recall how
long ago that was, but you might want to research what platforms
Bastille supports first.
--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net