RFC: firewall-hint_v1.3

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Sun Aug 12 11:18:18 PDT 2001

Henning,
Thanks very much for your well-reasoned response and invitation to collaborate
on this.

I'd like to address your points, but first, I think we should get some
feedback from the others on this list as to 1) whether we should continue this
discussion on or off-list, and 2) whether what you propose will fit within
the scope of BLFS. It's not on the outline, so I think we should have buy-in
regarding this prior to starting in. Frankly, I think I'm leaning more towards
the "here's how to install and here is a very basic setup. If you're going to
open ports to the internet, here's a bunch of resources to study" approach
myself. Let's see what the others think.
--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net

"To be uncertain is uncomfortable, but to be certain is ridiculous."
	-- Chinese proverb