XMMS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:06:16 PDT 2001

Hi,
I'm currently writing the instructions for xmms-1.2.5 ( actually, they're as
good as finished).
However, there are some issues I'd like to hear opinions about.
First, XMMS depends on a working soundcard. This does not necessarily mean
alsa. So I've listed it as "a working soundcard".
Second, XMMS can compile with gnome-support. As I don't have a working gnome
environment, could somebody check if configure needs some additional flags
(like --with-gnome=/opt/gnome)?
Third, I always have one plugin directory, and choose not to let users be
able to install plugins. This makes it easier to manage plugins. What do
others think should go in the instructions?
Thanks