jhalfs to build Version 20140226-systemd

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Mar 12 19:14:55 PDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 8:25 PM, Bryan Gonzalez wrote:

> Is this expected functionality?
>
> If I select the 'rebuild makefile' option on the main menu, the
> makefile does indeed get rebuilt. However, jhalfs then skips
> downloading sources despite 'download sources' being selected.
>
> I can can then rerun jhalfs without 'rebuild makefile' and sources
> download normally again.

Rebuilding Makefile is used to rebuild the Makefile with user's
changes in the dumped commands or pkg_tarball list changes.

You don't want it to do anything but that.

If you don't select that, then jhalfs reruns everything, extracts
commands, attempts to download source, rebuilds the required files and
overwrites any changes at all that the user may have done in the
dumped commands. it's like starting brand new.

Also, if you select rebuild files in general settings and Rebuild
Makefile isn't selected, it cleans out the jhalfs build directory and
starts from scratch. If you don't select that, then the current jhalfs
build directory isn't cleared.

Please refer to the Option Descriptions in the menuconfig help and
read the README.CUSTOM file for more information. Read all of the
documentation to understand all of what jHALFS can perform and how it
performs it.

Sincerely,

William Harrington