CLFS and log_new_files function

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Jan 21 11:27:30 PST 2014

Greetings,

With the current way jHALFS creates the Makefile the following
functions when creating the Makefile are clobbering the -64bit, -n32
at the end of the filenames for some reason.

#----------------------------------#
LUSER_wrt_LogNewFiles() {          #
#----------------------------------#
   local name=`echo ${1} | sed 's/[0-9]-//'`
(
cat << EOF
         @\$(call log_new_files_LUSER,$name)
EOF
) >> $MKFILE.tmp
}

#----------------------------------#
CHROOT_wrt_LogNewFiles() {         #
#----------------------------------#
   local name=`echo ${1} | sed 's/[0-9]-//'`
(
cat << EOF
         @\$(call log_new_files,$name)
EOF
) >> $MKFILE.tmp
}

both eglibc and eglibc-64bit become eglibc and so I only have the log
of the 64bit installs.

It has been like this for a while, I just noticed it today and never
gave a thought about it back when building the install-logs for CLFS
2.0 and 2.1.

I added this to the script to see what was being used:

   echo ${1}
   echo ${1} | sed 's/[0-9]-//'

Output was this:

perl
perl
eglibc
eglibc
eglibc
eglibc

So clearly -64bit and -n32 is not being used at all.
It should have been in th eoutput from the first echo and second echo.

Sincerely,

William Harrington