CLFS stable and jhalfs

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Sep 24 11:41:43 PDT 2013

On Sep 21, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> When asking for the "branch or stable version" 2.0.0 of CLFS, the
> first
> download is OK, but if the git working copy is already in the
> repository,
> "git pull" returns an error:
> --------------
> You are not currently on a branch. Please specify which
> branch you want to merge with. See git-pull(1) for details.
>
>    git pull <remote> <branch>
> --------------
>
> I do not know enough of git to be able to debug that.
> The command is in "common/libs/func_book_parser"
> maybe it would be enough to  change the initial 'git checkout $TREE'
> command
> to 'git checkout -b $TREE', but not sure...

I looked more into this and starting with 1.2 we do have a clfs-1.2
branch with all of the right info.

It looks like I need to create a 2.0 branch and push my xml changes to
it.

So then when someone wants to use the 1.2 or 2.0 branch they can use
clfs-2.0 or clfs-1.2 for the branch number.

I'll need to update our book download commands to reflect the changes.

The command will still be the same. git checkout clfs-1.2  for example.

I'm going to add the 2.0 branch today.

Sincerely,

William Harrington