JHALFS and CLFS

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Sep 12 09:24:27 PDT 2013

On Sep 12, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> I believed that jhalfs was broken for CLFS. It is a good new that you
> seem to be using it.

Yep, it was broken if downloading the book and parsing the book.
It worked for local copies, though. User had to specify the path
i.e.  /home/user/cross-lfs/BOOK

Had to add support for git download and using git for using certain
versions of the book.

I'm going to add git support to the updated livecd and possibly apply
the patch to the jhalfs distributed with the updated livecd.

If there are any bad scripting practices in the patch or if it could
be written to be more efficient, that'd be great.

Sincerely,

William Harrington