CLFS and Jhalfs

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Tue Nov 12 05:47:53 PST 2013

Le 11/11/2013 21:39, William Harrington a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> Since revision 3754, CLFS has been building flawlessly.
There might still be a few permission issues, if trying to restart without
cleaning first... CLFS is a little tricky, because the files change owner
twice (first from <user> to clfs, then from clfs to root).

> i do have one concern. Our build system let's the user choose between
> static or dhcp networking for the base system, rather than having DHCP
> later, such as LFS.
>
> I'm curious as how we can have jhalfs have the option such as this ( I
> may answer my own problem here):
>
> If using a CLFS book
> If book is Cross-lfs and not embedded or sysroot
> Then select dhcp or static
>
> Then we'd have to make sure that the dhcp or static commands are ran.
>
> Right now only the static network commands are ran.
>
> I'm working on a bunch of clfs git updates, but I may look into it
> more tomorrow.
>
> It'd be nice to select which type of network install to use.
>
> What'd be even better is for both CLFS and LFS, when using static,
>
> if a network config file isn't specified ( like we do for fstab or a
> kernel config) give the data required for the network file:
>
> ip
> gateway
> broadcast

Sounds good for the TODO list. If you do not mind, I would tackle the
config file first, then the choice in CLFS.

But do not expect anything before the end of the week, or so...

Regards,
Pierre