ALFS Trac

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:57:43 PDT 2013

Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know who reads this list, but I have recently found that there
> was a "new" (January) bug report on the ALFS Trac.
>
> It was about a minor typo and easy to fix (bug #1687). Bruce gave me the
> privileges on the ALFS Trac system, so that I could close that one.
>
> OTH, I discovered quite a few other active bugs, mainly about nALFS and
> ALFS.
>
> Maybe it is not my job, but I propose to close all the {n,}ALFS bugs as
> "wontfix", with a comment "{n,}ALFS is not developped anymore."

Sounds good to me.  We probably need to remove all reference to to on
the ALFS web page and re-write the whole page.  Do you want to do that?

The wiki page also needs an associated update.

In the alfs tree, I suggest creating a new directory, archive, and move
everything not jhalfs there.  The most recent update, other than jhalfs,
was 6 years ago.

> As of the few bug reports concerning jhalfs (2 active bugs), I have the
> following proposition:

> - for #1686 "BLFS-Tools Error parsing XML dependencies of Xorg", I
> propose to close it as "wontfix", adding the comment "Jhalfs BLFS-Tools
> is not maintained anymore. Please use the ablfs branch:
> svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/branches/ablfs"

I doubt many users use jhalfs for blfs at all.  Most develop their own
custom scripts.  If it doesn't work, the function should be removed.

> - for #1680 "Review and extend jhalfs README", I propose to close it as
> "worksforme" with the comment:
> "README has been improved a lot since this bug report has been filed. If
> you need further modifications, please reopen and tell us where we can
> improve more. Thanks"

Just mark it fixed.

One other comment.  When exiting the jhalfs make, there needs to be an
option for the user to just quit and not have the Makefile try to continue.

   -- Bruce