jhalfs: resolv.conf

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 22 07:00:20 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Igor Živković
<contact at igor-zivkovic.from.hr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Somehow I always forget to edit /etc/resolv.conf after building LFS with
> jhalfs. Could we mention it with other listed files, please?

It is mentioned in section 9.3 of the book.  It might be nice to
mention it in the final
jhalfs screen also.

A technique I use is to exit chroot and copy the configuration files
from the host
to /mnt/lfs/etc.  This probably is only useful when going from lfs ->
lfs but other
useful files include passwd, group, and shadow as well as root's
.bash_profile and
.bashrc.  A simple bash script may be helpful here.

If building ssh in chroot, you may want to copy the sshd keys from the host
to the new system too.

  -- Bruce