failed to load external entity .../docbookx.dtd

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat Dec 14 08:23:53 PST 2013

Le 14/12/2013 16:50, Alexey Orishko a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Pierre Labastie
> <pierre.labastie at neuf.fr> wrote:
>> Do you have docbook installed on the host? On debian I have packages
>> docbook-xml and docbook-xsl.
>> Have you tried to build the html books from the svn tree? Say, change to
>> a scratch dir, and try:
>>
>> svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS/trunk/BOOK lfsbook
>> cd lfsbook
>> make BASEDIR=../LFS-SVN
>>
>> if it does not complain, then docbook is correctly set, and we have to
>> further investigate.
>>
> I had no docbook* installed on my system.
> Now I can compile example above without any errors.

Thanks for the heads up: this means the presence of docbook should be checked
before using the BLFS tools.

Actually, I just looked at the "check_prerequisites" function, and found that
the presence of docbook was almost never tested. There is code for testing,
but it is executed only if docbook is _not_ selected as a BLFS tool, which is
kind of weird.

Anyway, that code can be reused, and has to be moved before the call to
"func_install_blfs".

Pierre