failed to load external entity .../docbookx.dtd

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Dec 12 09:23:51 PST 2013

Le 12/12/2013 11:06, Alexey Orishko a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> When I build alfs with blfs tools or ablfs I always get a bunch of
> errors during first run:
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
> /mnt/build_dir/blfs_root/blfs-xml/x/lib/lib.xml:6: warning: failed to
> load external entity
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> ]>
>    ^
> [...]
> Is something wrong with my initial setup or alfs scripts needs some
> tweaking/fixing?
Maybe both...
Do you have docbook installed on the host? On debian I have packages
docbook-xml and docbook-xsl.
Have you tried to build the html books from the svn tree? Say, change to
a scratch dir, and try:

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS/trunk/BOOK lfsbook
cd lfsbook
make BASEDIR=../LFS-SVN

if it does not complain, then docbook is correctly set, and we have to
further investigate.

Regards
Pierre