HTML page for ALFS

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Mon Apr 15 05:51:21 PDT 2013

Le 15/04/2013 03:48, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Thomas Pegg wrote:

>>> I have now changed the "download" page. While doing that, I noticed
>> that the directory
>>> www.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/downloads/jhalfs/svn was empty. I guess
>> there should be some kind of daily update. But I
>>> do not know what the policy is. If needed, I guess I could write a
>> cron job for extracting and compressing the svn files.
>>> I have created the www.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/downloads/ablfs/svn
>> directory, which could be used for daily updates
>>> too.
>> Yes I use to have a cron job for that.  I think I still have the script
>> for it, will have to check.
> I can do that if needed.  I really don't think it would be that useful
> though.  It is very easy to do a svn checkout and then update as desired
> instead of using a tarball.
>
>     -- Bruce

Hi,

I wanted to change the wording on the "download" page, since I agree
with Bruce that nobody would want to use a tarball since subversion is
needed anyway for downloading the book. But It seems all the changes I
have made are gone. Unfortunately I had not made a copy of the download
page. I have a copy of index.html if needed, but I do not want to modify
it again if somebody else wants to keep it in the previous state...

Pierre