jhalfs permission problem

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat May 26 14:17:45 PDT 2012

Le 03/05/2012 10:54, lich000king a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I get the following shortly after fetching the book:
>
> ###
>
> You are going to log into the user account lfs
>
> sudo requires a password
>
> .bashrc: line 8: /mnt/lfs/jhalfs/envars: Permission denied
>
> make[1]: *** [mk_LUSER] Error 1
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>
> <jhalfs 2.3.2> exit
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> ###
>
> I did edit the sudoers file to include
>
> ###
>
> [username]    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
>
> ###
>
> for the host and lfs users and I also added
>
> ###
>
> alias su='sudo su'
>
> ###
>
> To all the users' .profile, none of this helped. It does not matter if
> I use jhalfs 2.3.2 or svn version.
>
> I'm using a compliant host based on an up-to-date Debian.
>
> Does anyone have an idea, where the problem lies?

Hi,

Normally, what you have done is enough. You do not even need the alias
because jhalfs does not use su. I do not use the "lfs ALL NOPASSWD: ALL"
line as suggested by Bruce. But you should use jhalfs svn.

Have you looked at /mnt/lfs/jhalfs/logs/000-masterscript.log ? It
sometimes contains useful informations about the initialization of the
process. You may also look for other .log files in the same directory,
which could help too.

What are the permissions on /mnt/lfs/jhalfs/envars ?

Do you tick "Change the defaults user/group and homedir for this build"
? I would recommend not to do that.

That is all I can see for now

Regards,
Pierre