Should we strip all symbols in .so libraries when doing ICA?

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat Mar 17 11:39:54 PDT 2012

Le 17/03/2012 17:18, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> You can try, but I suspect there are just too many differences and will
> be overwhelmed with them.
Well, I am right now comparing Jeremy's method and current trunk,
stripping only debug symbols in .so files. It seems that it does not
introduce
so many differences. There are other differences though.
When I am done, I'll report on the LFS list.
> BTW, did you ever get initramfs to work the way you wanted?

Yes and no:
Without LVM, it now works. For LVM, I use another machine,
and I think I do not set the kernel configuration right (not LVM
related, I think. The problem seems to be with the radeon module, which
gives a black
screen, so that I do not know what happens). I do not have access to
that machine
right now, so I cannot recompile the kernel with only vga...

Regards
Pierre