jhalfs run of recent lfs svn

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 22 08:36:54 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 19:58 -0500, James Robertson wrote:

> //--------------------------
> ++ get a "tar: write error" with every command set.  Can't tell where
> the error is coming from.
> ++ the tar:write error is not for all tar commands, but many in ch5 do
> get the error message.  It does not seem to totally impact the build.

That's a "buggy" version of tar on your host. It mis-diagnoses issues
with certain tar files.  You can safely ignore it.

> So not sure what is up with the two areas where I had to manually edit
> the Makefile and for some reason a collection of archive files did not
> get copied over to my chroot environment.  Hopefully someone wiser
> than me knows what we can do about it.  I have some other thoughts
> about automation, but I'll put those in another email.

I don't know what to make of those other errors either, as I've never
seen them.  jhalfs should output what it copied from $SRC_ARCHIVE to
$LFS/sources at the start of its run.  The only thing I'd suggest is
that you ensure do an 'svn revert -R .' on both jhalfs and lfs-trunk
checkouts then an 'svn up' to ensure you're running the latest code on
both.  You are using a checkout of jhalfs' trunk aren't you?

Regards,

Matt