jhalfs permission problem

lich000king lich000king at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 5 06:04:49 PDT 2012

Hi

Thanks for the help.

> You need to add to sudoers:
> lfs             ALL = NOPASSWD: ALL
> [...]
> Use the svn version of jhalfs.  Also I recommend not using the progress
meter.

Ok, changed that, but this did not help.

> What are the permissions on /mnt/lfs/jhalfs/envars ?
$ ls -l envars
-rwxrwxrwx 1 lfs root 45 May 29 22:01 envars
(which is ok, right?)

> Do you tick "Change the defaults user/group and homedir for this build" ?
No, I used the defaults.
I looked at the log files too and did not find anything helpful.

The only thing I can think of is there might be some problem with the tar
version installed on my debian system. I will try jhalfs again with an
up-to-date LFS, but this might take some time.

Thanks anyway,

Cheers
Oliver