SBU report

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Fri Feb 24 08:45:13 PST 2012

Le 24/02/2012 15:46, Peter Palmer a écrit :
> On 24 February 2012 13:13, Pierre Labastie<pierre.labastie at neuf.fr>  wrote:
>>
>> I have seen that CLFS is now on git. Have you tried
>> to replace svn instructions by "equivalent" git ones
>> in jhalfs? I do not know much about git, but I know
>> rather well jhalfs, so if I may be of some help...
>
> First thanks to Thomas for giving me an early pointer to the problem I
> introduced.
>
> I was just working on another patch but Pierre beat me to it. I don't
> bother posting as the only difference is the name for the new variable
> :)
Sorry for that. I always think it is easier to explain with code...
> I never worked with svn as vcs so I use git locally to work with
> jhalfs. I've got one branch that I keep in sync with the svn trunk.
> Branching is very easy in git so I create a branch for whatever
> project I work on. To get the diff I just run:

Just to make sure we understood each other (I am not a native
English speaker), I meant that jhalfs had some instructions to
download on the fly the LFS book from SVN repo. I was not talking
about managing jhalfs mods with GIT. Seeing how the philosophy
of GIT is to have a local "working copy" (+ repo), those download
instructions are maybe not necessary for CLFS.

Since I am also busy with the blfs tools, I think I won't add GIT
download instructions now.

Pierre