jhalfs: patch for LANG settings + a few fixes

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Feb 8 09:41:26 PST 2012

Hi,

I think I could make the modifications we wrote about
yesterday. I have tested with:
lang=fr_FR.UTF-8 full-locale=n
-> locale -a lists only the minimal set, including
fr_FR.UTF-8
lang=POSIX full-locale=n
-> locale -a lists only the minimal set
lang=en_GB.UTF-8 full-locale=n
->  locale -a lists the minimal set + en_GB.UTF-8
lang=en_GB.utf8 full-locale=n
->  locale -a lists the minimal set
lang={fr_FR.UTF-8,POSIX,en_GB} full-locale=n
-> locale -a lists the whole set (and glibc build is 1 mn longer)

My main concern is that I have to rely on LANG being a
canonical name (i.e. as in the SUPPORTED file). Right
now, I just ignore it, if it is not found in that file.
And actually, I do not know what else to do.
BTW (maybe more appropriate to the LFS list),
mentioning the `SUPPORTED' file would be of
some help for beginners (like me a few
years ago) scratching their heads in front
of the "7.13 The bash shell startup files" sections on
canonical names.

Furthermore, the attached patch :
- adds `check' to the list of packages which are not
   built when testsuite=0 (same behavior as presently
   for tcl expect and dejagnu)
- corrects a typo (fylesystem)
- suppresses the warnings when compiling conf and mconf
   (try "make clean ; make" before and after applying the patch)
   Not a big deal of course, but annoying.

Regards
Pierre