Patch to extract minimal host tool versions from the book

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Mon Dec 31 00:19:40 PST 2012

Le 28/12/2012 23:36, Pierre Labastie a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This is a long overdue patch for trying to automate the retrieval of
> minimal tool versions from
> the "host requirements" section, to use them in jhalfs' check_version.
> I have not tested all configurations. It works well with a local book.
>
> It is not really an automation: if a new requirement is added, it has
> to be manually added to
> jhalfs. But if a version updating occurs, it will be automatically
> ported to jhalfs.
>
> Regards
> Pierre

The patch I sent worked only with a local copy of the book.
Here is another one, which works with SVN and tagged versions
(I tried SVN, 6.3, 7.2), too. I had to change the order of operations:
if you want to extract host requirements from the book, and you
require the book to be downloaded, you have to download the book
first. So this patch runs the check_prerequisite function just before
running the build. In some way, I would say it is how it should be:
checking prerequisites is (should be) the first step in building LFS...

Regards
Pierre