I encounter with an error in nALFS when running a xml file.

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Tue Aug 14 08:27:03 PDT 2012

Le 14/08/2012 09:35, elham abbaszade a écrit :
> there isn't profile for LFS-7.1 in Index of
> /alfs/downloads/profiles/lfs/stable
> <http://lfs.osuosl.org/alfs/downloads/profiles/lfs/stable/> !!!!
> how can I bulid LFS v7.1 with nALFS without its profile ?

Hi Elham,

I think the advice of Matthew, and of the other LFS developpers, is that
before attempting to build LFS with an automated tool, you should first
build it once manually, following the book, to get acquainted to the
various pitfalls and difficulties.

Then, if everything goes well, you can try jhalfs, which you can
download with:
svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk jhalfs-trunk

You'll get the jhalfs tree in a directory named "jhalfs-trunk". Then
read the README file.

Concerning nALFS, it has been dormant for years, and is not adapted to
modern LFS.

Regards
Pierre