LFS-6.7 udev & network scripts.

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:31:16 PST 2011

George Boudreau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It has been a while since I poked my nose in LFS/JHALFS so this is a tad
> unusual.
> I tried a full build of the 6.7 LFS book using the latest svn of JHALFS
> and failed near the end building the network scripts. The build fails on
> this command
>
> cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
>
> It seems udev has changed drastically and this command no longer makes
> sense.  Is this true or has senile dementia set in and I am missing
> something.

Checking my 6.7 reference build, I still have the file.  It's a little
problematic.  This isn't the first time we've seen the problem.  The
file is really only meaningful if you have more than one network
interface.

It is reasonably common for a laptop to have wifi and wired network
connections so it may be useful there.  However, I think if the drivers
are built into the kernel and not as modules, the file may be moot there
too.

   -- Bruce