problem please help

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 1 13:31:49 PDT 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 15:27:27 -0400, "Tom" <tmccaffery at vacationsnbeyond.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build LFS using jhalfs, I have the live cd, when the live cd
> boots it complains that it cant open /dev/tty and get a lot of

/dev/tty should be created by Udev...

> init: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

OK, that's because /dev/tty isn't there...

> then it seems to just lock
>
> whats the problem?
>
> Before this I get some error in s10udev saying line 18 1040 bus error

That seems to be nearer the root cause.  'bus error'? I think that's non-x86
speak for a segmentation fault.  i.e. something caused the udev script to
terminate abnormally - this could be either udevd or the bash instance that
is started to run the script in.

What architecture are you building on?

Regards,

Matt.