Want to contribute

Tim Sarbin tim.sarbin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:03:27 PST 2010

I have already thought about package management and don't want to turn LFS
into a gentoo clone. I understand what you mean though. Any Linux system
must be upgradeable and manually pulling 200 packages simply isn't possible.
Honestly I mainly see three reasons to use lfs: to make an embedded system,
to make a new distribution, and to learn how Linux works. Any other use, in
my opinion, is simply outside of the scope of LFS. Honestly I started
messing with LFS because I plan on writing a Linux based os, but it's not
what I would call a typical Linux distribution. Anyway, I decided I would
help out LFS in the process by updating ALFS to make building raw systems,
new distros, and bootable cd images a breeze.

On Mar 9, 2010 7:36 PM, "Mike McCarty" <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Tim Sarbin wrote: > John: > > If you want to collaborate with me (even if
only to test and give > s...

> On Mar 9, 2010 5:19 PM, "John" <lfs at jelmail.com> wrote: [...] > Hi it's
interesting to see some ...
[...]

I think this is great. I myself had some interesting challenges getting
jhalfs to run on my machine. I applaud any efforts further to automate
building [B]LFS. May I suggest, as you proceed on to your quest, that
you give at least passing thought to adding hooks for some sort of
package management?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.

information page