Want to contribute

Tim Sarbin tim.sarbin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:19:23 PST 2010

Hey guys, I've been lurking around LFS in the shadows for quite some time,
and only just recently stumbled across the automated LFS project. I was
wondering what the status of this project is, and if there is anything I can
contribute to. I'm familiar with C, C++, Python, Lua, Java, etc as well as
libraries such as Gtk, Qt, and wxWidgets. I'm also fairly comfortable with
the low level administration of the linux system. From what I read on the
FAQ it seems like the new ALFS system is supposed to have a backend, and a
modular front end (could be a console, GUI, etc). I am getting tired of
these RPM/DEB distros (and even gentoo) and think the concept of ALFS would
be a great was to bring LFS into a more usable state. I would see ALFS both
as a way for less technical people to build a desktop system, as well as a
way for technical people to build the foundation for their own linux based
distro or operating environment.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling -- I just wanted to say hi to everyone and give
my thoughts. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.