question about resuming

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 1 21:19:05 PST 2010

Roelof Wobben wrote:
> I mean quit with ^C and after that shutdown the machine.
>
> The next day I will start the machine and go on with the build.

If you ^C during the build, and do an orderly shutdown, then
you need to follow the hint on restarting, so you recreate a
proper build environment. You then need to delete the directory
you were building in, and untar the tarball again, and restart the
interrupted build from the beginning. That should do it.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/stages-stop-and-resume.txt

I recommend you to read the hints table of contents, and read
all that seem useful or interesting to you.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/read.html

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.