Support DESTDIR in LFS and jhalfs

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 30 07:05:08 PDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:22:45 -0500, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Guys, based on the previous discussion on lfs-dev, I plan on doing a
> custom book for LFS as a sample of what destdir might look like and I
> want a custom jhalfs to test it with.

Sounds interesting!  I'm still trying to find time to put my getting some
cogent thoughts together regarding the current conversation going on in
lfs-dev.  Hopefully I'll get something sent over the weekend.

>       <xsl:otherwise>
>         <xsl:choose>
>           <xsl:when test="(../@id='chapter-building-system' or
>                            ../@id='chapter-bootscritps') and
>                            $usedestdir = 'y' and
>                            @remap != 'install'">
>             <xsl:apply-templates/>

There's a typo 'bootscritps' -> 'bootscripts'

>           <xsl:otherwise>
>             <xsl:if test="(not(../@id='chapter-building-system') or
>                           not(../@id='chapter-bootscripts') or
>                           $usedestdir = 'n') and
>                           @remap != 'destdir'">

I think the test here should be:

             <xsl:if test="((not(../@id='chapter-building-system') and
                           not(../@id='chapter-bootscripts')) or
                           $usedestdir = 'n') and
                           @remap != 'destdir'">

but I must admit to not being entirely sure what criteria you're
trying to match here. I've assumed:

1. Don't apply templates if we're in either chapter 6 or chapter7 and usedestdir='y'
2. Don't apply templates if remap='destdir'

I'm happy to help out further though, if I've misunderstood.

Regards,

Matt.