jhalfs "stability"

James Robertson jwrober at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 13:49:41 PDT 2009

In my recent dealings with jhalfs, I have found it to be a bit
unstable.  Every run a compile step hangs either during ch5 or ch6
compile.  Does anyone else experience this?  For example, I ran 3
different runs yesterday with minor changes to my wrapper script and
jhalfs hung on ch5 glibc and on ch6 tar and shadow for no apparent
reason.  I come back to the machine and the progress bar is at some high
counter (like 50 minutes for tar).  I Crtl-C out and just re-run make to
continue, but the kind of defeats the purpose of an automated builder.

Thoughts?

James