Fix for minor typo in jhalf comments

John lfs at jelmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:57:04 PDT 2009

James Robertson wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>> James Robertson wrote:

>>> I agree as well.  Once I figured out more on how the tool works, I am
>>> now using to create well executed custom builds that combine lfs, blfs,
>>> and my customizations all in one setup process.  I plan to publish my
>>> work once i get it going for lfs 6.5.
>>>

>> Wonderful! I've built LFS four times now, and have a machine which
>> can boot it, though I don't use that machine. I've wanted to start
>> in on BLFS, with an eye on using LFS+BLFS as my main system, and
>> leaving my current distro behind, as it is no longer supported, and
>> I've had little success in requesting changes from the supplier
>> of my current distro.
>>
>> If you get things more or less automated, I'd love to see the
>> results. Slogging through the book isn't something I enjoy in
>> and of itself. I've been doing software requirements, design,
>> implementation, and support for about 20 years, and I'm not
>> an eager beaver for building my own system. I just want _control_
>> of my own system, and there doesn't seem any way to do that
>> other than to build.
>>
>> Anything to make the process more automated is appreciated!
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Sure no problem.  JSYK my build scripts are for servers and not a
> desktop replacement, so I don't install every BLFS package.  I also add
> a collection of custom packages that are not part of BLFS.  If you
> really want a desktop replacement, I would recommend Ubuntu.  I use that
> as my main desktop for day to day work.  I have no issues with it and it
> works well.
>
> James

Interesting. I have a server LFS+BLFS plus a load of "glue" that is not
in the BLFS book. Sadly I started before the jhalfs tool came along so I
used nALFS for my build. Still do, as no time to change. I thought
jhalfs just built from the book so I didn't understand how you'd use it
for blfs but as I say I haven't had time to investigate.