Fix for minor typo in jhalf comments

James Robertson jwrober at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 06:29:14 PDT 2009

Mike McCarty wrote:
> James Robertson wrote:
>
>> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>>> I agree.  I use it all the time when checking out a new book for release.
>>>
>>>    -- Bruce
>>>

>> I agree as well.  Once I figured out more on how the tool works, I am
>> now using to create well executed custom builds that combine lfs, blfs,
>> and my customizations all in one setup process.  I plan to publish my
>> work once i get it going for lfs 6.5.
>>

> Wonderful! I've built LFS four times now, and have a machine which
> can boot it, though I don't use that machine. I've wanted to start
> in on BLFS, with an eye on using LFS+BLFS as my main system, and
> leaving my current distro behind, as it is no longer supported, and
> I've had little success in requesting changes from the supplier
> of my current distro.
>
> If you get things more or less automated, I'd love to see the
> results. Slogging through the book isn't something I enjoy in
> and of itself. I've been doing software requirements, design,
> implementation, and support for about 20 years, and I'm not
> an eager beaver for building my own system. I just want _control_
> of my own system, and there doesn't seem any way to do that
> other than to build.
>
> Anything to make the process more automated is appreciated!
>
> Mike

Sure no problem.  JSYK my build scripts are for servers and not a
desktop replacement, so I don't install every BLFS package.  I also add
a collection of custom packages that are not part of BLFS.  If you
really want a desktop replacement, I would recommend Ubuntu.  I use that
as my main desktop for day to day work.  I have no issues with it and it
works well.

James