xorg7 metapackage install failure

Troy Will troydwill at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 15:37:30 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Marc Ferland <marc at mferland.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've completed the LFS guide using the ALFS scripts and have now moved on building xorg7 using the same technique. I've read the README.BLFS file and selected the xorg7 meta package from the menu. Everything is fine until the script tries to resolve the dependencies. More precisely:

Hi Marc,
I could be wrong but I don't think the BLFS part of AFLS is maintained
very much. Some of the packages in BLFS can be built with ALFS, but
the complexity of the X.org system is beyond the limits of the
XML/XSLT/Makefile process of AFLS and I don't think that anybody has
ever built X with ALFS.

Speaking for myself, I went directly to the X.org site and figured out
how to build X with jhbuild. ( Jhbuild is a build tool that was
developed for the Gnome project and X.org has adopted. )

Good luck!