jhalfs version for BLFS 6.3

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 4 05:56:42 PDT 2008

linux fan wrote:
> I tried your suggestion of downloading the latest code from svn co
> svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk
> <http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk> jhalfs
>
> Then change directory to the new jhalfs and run make.
> Then set the BLFS version to 6.3
> and the exact same problem occurs.
>
> Note that the problem will not be triggered if there is a pre-exising
> blfs-xml directory with good data in the user's blfs_root directory. To
> trigger the problem, you must start with a clean slate -- at least in
> the blfs-xml directory.

   Yes, when I deleted the blfs_root dir I experience the same failure mode.
   Problem is due to a change in the tag directory layout for BLFS-6.3
for some reason. The path to blfs-6.2.0 is root/tags/6.2.0 but for 6.3
it is root/tags/6.3/6.3/BOOK.

   An ugly work-around: (6.3/6.3/BOOK) Book version (Mandatory)

   until I get some clarification.