jhalfs version for BLFS 6.3

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:01:30 PDT 2008

I tried your suggestion of downloading the latest code from svn co svn://
svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk jhalfs

Then change directory to the new jhalfs and run make.
Then set the BLFS version to 6.3
and the exact same problem occurs.

Note that the problem will not be triggered if there is a pre-exising
blfs-xml directory with good data in the user's blfs_root directory. To
trigger the problem, you must start with a clean slate -- at least in the
blfs-xml directory.
I could make a typescript of this, but since it would be the same as the
previous one, that would not provide any new information.

At present, to get a working blfs_root, after it downloads all of the
blfs-xml/[6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 reorg], which seems silly, I must
cd blfs_root
mv blfs-xml{,foobar}
cp -a blfs-xmlfoobar/6.3/BOOK blfs-xml

It seems that the problem is not triggered by any program flaw, but by the
directory setup at
> svn list svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/tags/6.3
> <http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/tags/6.3>