jhalfs version for BLFS 6.3

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:19:30 PDT 2008

Will there be a jhalfs version for BLFS Version 6.3?
I have worked through building lfs manually and progressed through building
lfs and blfs using the excellent jhalfs software. I have had wonderful
success building using the custom tools approach. I have found that the
blfs-tool can be a help in solving dependencies and can be used to build
packages, or to contribute to developing custom-tools scripts.
Now, with the release of BLFS Version 6.3 as the stable version, there is no
jhalfs version that is able to build the BLFS 6.3 versions of packages with
the blfs-tool. The jhalfs-2.3.1 blfs-tool builds SVN which is often builds
later package versions than BLFS 6.3, which could lead to a possibly
unstable system. Apparently, the blfs-xml for BLFS 6.3 is still being
awaited.
Great news would be the release of a jhalfs version that can build BLFS 6.3.