alfs Requirements [Was blank]

Jon Herron leftturnsolutions at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 13:57:44 PDT 2008

I agree its a far reaching goal, but I do think the benefits could be
huge, assuming of course the dependencies could be properly
maintained.  Perhaps a first step would be to keep the current book
intact, and list "lfs" as a dependency for another application that the
user wants to fetch and build for instance.

On a side note, if dependencies were introduced into the current book,
then one could theoretically initiate more than one build paths
concurrently, in hopes of reducing overall build time (at least for certain
portions of the build process anyway).

 Thanks,

Jon Herron