alfs Requirements [Was blank]

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 20 14:20:41 PDT 2008

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> If you are going to reinvent the ability to parse, then good luck.  I've done
> <understatement>just a bit of C/C++ programming</understatement> in my career

I know where you're coming from. I fully respect your abilities and
experience.

> and I don't think you will be able to parse the book in a second unless you come
> up with an algorithm that is quite different from xsltproc.  To do that reliably
> will take many times 20 seconds.

It's already do-able. The code already exists. I will grant that it does
not yet account for everything that could be valid for XML, but I don't
think we need to do that for our purposes.

Anyway, enough of my preferences. I'm not the one proposing to write
anything here, so my opinion doesn't really count for much does it? :)

--
JH