alfs Requirements [Was blank]

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 11:15:36 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> As far as languages go, I personally would prefer C or C++ for speed and
> portability, but that's just me. I also don't like to depend on many
> outside libraries or packages.

I'll have to disagree here.  I prefer an interpreted language like bash, python,
or php.  I don't like perl because I think the syntax is error prone.  The ease
of viewing, understanding, testing, and debugging an interpreted package is the
dominant issue.

The speed is a non-issue as the compile times in LFS dwarf any alfs execution times.

   -- Bruce