jhalfs not downloading all files

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 6 12:33:01 PDT 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:37:17 -0400, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>    There has been a lot of traffic talking about major changes to
> LFS/CLFS/HLFS and I was waiting for the dust to settle before I went
> back at jhalfs. I get the impression jhalfs could be relegated to the
> dust bin if all the proposed changes are implemented. If there is still
> some use for the code I will support the new books.

I'd hate to think that changes to LFS would hinder the use/development of jhalfs in any way.  I find the tool vital in order to detect issues with the LFS book's instructions (or, more accurately, my edits!) as it's the only way I know I can test the book's instructions exactly.

When we come to discussing/implementing the way ahead for LFS' development (i.e. 64-bit support), I'd love for you to step in with your opinions on approaches that would be easier for jhalfs to support.

Regards,

Matt.