jhalfs not downloading all files

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 4 11:10:59 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Hit a bit of an odd issue here.  After configuring jhalfs and runnning 'make', it gets as far as downloading 'less' and then stops downloading files but continues to try to build binutils.  This obviously fails, as it hasn't managed to download binutils-2.18-configure-1.patch yet.

I suspect this is due to the urls.lst containing the following line for lfs-bootscripts:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/development/lfs-bootscripts-20080522.tar.bz2 ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration/lfs-bootscripts/lfs-bootscripts-20080522.tar.bz2 BOOTSCRIPTS-MD5SUM

That's because of Bruce's relatively recent change of autogenerating MD5 sigs & tarball sizes during book rendering, and therefore will also reoccur when we hit the udev-config tarball.

Is there some way we can have jhalfs ignore those two particular MD5 sigs, or otherwise have the LFS book and jhalfs sources play nicer together?

Thanks,

Matt.