nALFS users

Thomas Trepl thomas at equinox.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 23 10:30:47 PDT 2007

On Saturday 20 October 2007 20:19, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have heard some comments here and there by some saying that, as a
> tool, they prefer the way nALFS works over jhalfs. I can appreciate that.
I like jhalfs more. I never had got the nALFS thing work proper (which maybe
my fault) but jhalfs worked for me right out of the box, even for ppc. And,
when fooling around with an own version of a book (for instance, the official
ones are a bit to far behind the newest versions or something like that) I
simply run jhalfs against this book without the need to maintain another set
of XMLs. For me, a big plus to jhalfs.

> I was curious if anyone had given any thought to auto-generating
> profiles for nALFS in a similar way that the build scripts are generated
> for jhalfs?
Well generating those XMLs would reduce the need to maintain separate sets of
XMLs.  But this would not bring me too much benefits.

--
Thomas