jhalfs-based build is impossible in French locales

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Nov 5 08:10:25 PST 2007

(caught on IRC, credit goes to sigzegv)

jhalfs runs commands such as the following in order to find whether the
host meets requirements:

check_version "4.1.20" "$(find --version | head -n1 | cut -d" " -f4)"

However, this fails in French locales, because "find --version" prints this:

> « find » de GNU version 4.2.31
> Built using GNU gnulib version 2007-02-24
> Options activées: D_TYPE O_NOFOLLOW(enabled) LEAF_OPTIMISATION

I.e., because the French language requires spaces around quotes, "de" is
picked as a version. So please release a new version of jhalfs that uses
the C locale (LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C) for the purpose of running such
version-checking commands (but not for running lxdialog!), and I will
release a new CD with it.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov