Jhalfs build error

Kevin Robertson KRobertson at OPTOS.COM
Mon May 28 08:54:32 PDT 2007

I'm trying to get jhalfs to run but I'm encountering an issue when it
attempts to un-tar the first package - binutils. I think the failure is
caused by tar being unable to recognise the file format:

Building target 028-binutils-pass1
[ tar: This does not look like a tar archive                     ]  0
min. 0 sec
tar skipping to next header
  /tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers                0
min. 1 sec

I've checked through as much as I can but must be missing something - I
can't see where the tarball files are decompressed ? Have I missed a
step out ?

In the main Makefile
==================================
028-binutils-pass1:  022-settingenvironment
	@$(call echo_message, Building)
	@$(SHELL) progress_bar.sh $@ $$PPID &
	@echo "$(nl_)`date`$(nl_)" >logs/$@
	@$(PRT_DU) >>logs/$@
	@$(call remove_existing_dirs,binutils-2.16.1.tar.bz2)
	@$(call unpack,binutils-2.16.1.tar.bz2)
	@$(call get_pkg_root_LUSER)
	@( time { source ~/.bashrc && $(CMDSDIR)/chapter05/$@ >> logs/$@
2>&1; } ) 2>> logs/$@ && \
	$(PRT_DU) >> logs/$@
	@$(call remove_build_dirs,binutils)
	@$(call housekeeping)

And in makefile-functions
====================================
define unpack
  @cd $(SRCSDIR) && \
  tar -xvf `ls -t $(1) | head -n1` > $(PKG_LST)
Endef

Kevin --------------------------------------------------------
Kevin Robertson | Software Engineer

Optos Plc
Queensferry House
Carnegie Business Campus
Queensferry Road
Dunfermline
Fife
KY11 8GR

Tel:    +44 (0)1383 843300
Dir:    +44 (0)1383 843343
Fax:    +44 (0)1383 843333
Web:  optos.com

Transmission of this email and any files that may be attached is confidential and may contain proprietary information, and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to who it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use including, but not limited to, dissemination, printing or copying of the email and its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received the email in error you are requested to contact the sender by telephone and permanently delete the material from your system. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely those of the individual sender and do not necessarily represent those of Optos plc or its subsidiary companies. Precautions have been taken to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses. Optos plc requests virus checks on any attachments to this message are carried out by the recipient(s), as no responsibility or liability can be assumed for any loss or damage to the recipient's computer software or ha!
 rdware.

OPTOS PLC. SC139953. REGISTERED OFFICE. QUEENSFERRY HOUSE, CARNEGIE BUSINESS CAMPUS, DUNFERMLINE, SCOTLAND KY11 8GR UNITED KINGDOM

OPTOS INC. 199 FOREST STREET, MARLBOROUGH, MA 01752, USA.

OPTOS GmbH. HAUPTSTRASSE 161,  D-68259 MANNHEIM, GERMANY.
GESCHAFTSFUHRER: FRANK SKOWRONEK, FIONA LOWRIE, ALLAN WATSON. AMTSGERICHT MANNHEIM HRB 700 960